The Public Rooms, of which the ‘grand’ Music Saloon was the upper story, in Wood Street, Wakefield, opened on 22 December 1823 and was used as a venue by the Society on a number of occasions from 1830 to 1859. A photograph exists of the building before the construction of the Wakefield Town Hall and can be seen here along with a detailed history of the building. During the period when it was the Wakefield Museum it contained a number of items with interest for the Society. These include lantern slides from a lecture written by the former Secretary Irvine Hewitt with a slide of a former president of the Society Charles Needham. Several of the glass bottles in which the blooms were exhibited at shows in the past were given to the museum, which is now in the new Wakefield Library complex.