Brunswick Hotel

The Brunswick Hotel, Borough Market, Wakefield Annual Shows 1861-2, 1874-1937
The Brunswick Hotel
Shows were held at the Brunswick Hotel in 1861 and 1862 and then, when it became the headquarters of the Society, from 1874 to 1937. Many references can be found to it by searching the archives and to the Jacques family who were the keepers.
The extension, to the right in the photograph, is reputed to have been built in order to provide a better location for the Society shows.
It had a name change in modern times to Tut ‘n’ Shive and was demolished around 2010 when a new shopping centre was built.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.